Wowster, the semester seemed to fly by. When Professor Erickson
indicated we did 13 projects for the semester I was shocked. It all happened so
quickly. CI 515, the class I had been dreading since I started graduated school,
ended rather smoothly.
Of course there were many challenges. When I started the class I was not
a big fan of technology. Through the semester I have found ways to utilize
technology for an educational purpose.
I played the video I made of 10
Things I Can Do To Help My World to my class. The students went wild
hearing my voice and knowing I made the video. It was great moment.
Two other projects I enjoyed and learned a lot from were the Google
Earth Trip and WebQuest. Both of these technology programs or designs I am
planning on using in my classroom on a regular basis. Both seems to be easy to
implement and can engage an entire class of students.
There were two major struggles I had during the semester. First was
resources, the school I have been working at has a small budget and does not
have video cameras and other equipment essential for the projects and to
continue application of the technology in the future. The second struggle was
pc verse mac. It was frustrating how much the programs clashed. It has made
very conscious of the programs and computers use and how they could either be
compatible or completely incompatible.
Through all my struggles I have found the class has offered many ideas
for my future classroom and ways I can enhance all of my lessons. Thank you all
for a wonderful semester and I wish you the best.