Monday, January 23, 2012

My First Post

I am hoping to learn new ways to incorporate technology into the classroom. Technology is a great way to engage students and make lessons more appealing. I am hoping to learn techniques from Garage Band, Google Earth, Google Lit Trips and how to thoroughly utilize all technology to its full potential! 


In terms of my technology expertise I would say I am fairly illiterate. I have made a blog in my past or more descriptively stumbled and fumbled and ended up with a blog. Other than creating a blog I have limited experience with technology. My meager repertoire consists of  Google Earth, checking my email and creating Prezis. 


I am in my final semester of grad school. In March I will be taking on a long term sub position in a first grade classroom. The primary grades, k-2nd, are my major interests. I worked for roughly 4 years in preschool settings and enjoy engaging and guiding young minds. 


I enjoy cross country skiing, running, hiking and yoga. My boyfriend and I are volunteering with the adaptive program at the YMCA and are helping train athletes to compete in the cross country skiing Special Olympics. I am thoroughly enjoying all the new snow encasing Missoula. 


I included two pictures because both are hard to see. I cared a little more about the scenery than getting great shots of myself.